The Egyptian National Oceanographic Data Center (ENODC) is an active member of the IOC Oceanographic Data and Information Exchange Programme (IODE).
Mission of ENODC
The mission of the ENODC is to enhance oceanographic services and promote further marine research by making available, to policy – markets and the marine communities, Ocean data and products, in real and non-real time, for the efficient management and Sustainable development of coastal and marine resources.
ENODC functions are to:
- Prepare and maintain a metadata data base of all national data holdings.
- Coordinate the collection and archival of ocean data in Egypt.
- Receive, manage and diffuse oceanographic data and products.
- Publicize data and products available in Egypt.
- Develop and maintain a home page on Ocean data and products.
- Promote the exchange of Ocean data and products at all levels.
- Establish a net working of all stake holders to facilitate exchange of data and products.
- Provide appropriate training in marine data and information management.
- Organize training workshops seminars for the benefit of the marine community.
- Coordinate local participation in overseas training activities.
- Participate in the activities of the IODE program of the IOC of UNESCO.